InfinityAffinity archives

I AM the One Originating Power: Concordance 8-16.04

Good day from InfinityAffinity.org,

The Concordance today by early 20th century mystic (and
judge) Thomas Troward, from "The Creative Process in the
Individual," originally published in 1915.

I AM the One Originating Power.

From his book, worthy of careful reading and contemplation
with this cycle's Concordance:

"To use the Creative Process we must Affirm the Creative
Power, that is to Say, we must go back to the Beginning
of the series and start with Pure Spirit, only remembering
that this starting-point is now to be found *in ourselves*,
for this is what distinguishes the individual Creative
Process from the cosmic one.

"**This is where the importance of realizing only one
Originating Power instead of two comes in, for it means
that we do not derive our power from any existing polarity,
but that we are going to establish polarities which will
start secondary causation on the lines which we thus
determine.**

"This also is where the importance comes in of recognizing
that the only possible originating movement of spirit must
be Self-contemplation, for this shows us that we do not
have to contemplate existing conditions but the Divine
Ideal, and that this contemplation of the Divine Ideal
of Man *is* the Self-contemplation of the Spirit from
the Stand-point of Human Individuality.

"Then the question arises, if these principles are true,
why are we not demonstrating them? Well, when our
fundamental principle is obviously correct and yet we do
not get the proper results, the only difference is that
somewhere or other we have introduced something antagonistic
to the fundamental principle, something not inherent in the
principle itself and which therefore owes its presence to
some action of our own. Now the error consists in the
belief that the Creative Power is limited by the material
in which it works. If this be assumed, then you have to
calculate the resistances offered by the material; and
since by the terms of the Creative Process these resistances
do not really exist, you have no basis of calculation at
all -- in fact you have no means of knowing where you are,
and everything is in confusion.

"**This is why it is so important to remember that the
Creative Process is the action of a Single Power, and
that the interaction of two opposite polarities comes
is at a later stage, and is not creative, but only
distributive, that is to say, it localizes the Energy
already proceeding from the Single Power.**

This is a fundamental truth which should never be lost
sight of. So long, however, as we fail to see this
truth we necessarily limit the Creative Power by the
material it works in, and in practice we do this by
referring to past experience as the only standard of
judgment. We are measuring the Fifth Kingdom by the
standard of the Fourth Kingdom, as though we should
say that an intellectual man, a being of the Forth
Kingdom, was to be limited by the conditions which
obtain in the First or Mineral Kingdom -- to use
Scriptural language we are seeking the Living among
the dead."

So let us contemplate ourselves as an unfettered
channel of the Divine Creative process:

I AM the One Originating Power...

Pre-existent to the play of opposites.

My best,